Nashbar Fat Bike
If the worth of a bicycle can be measured by the smiles produced while riding, then the Nashbar Fat Bike is the undisputed world champion of revelry and glee. Mountain bikes have always been the go-anywhere steed of choice, but fat bikes ramp that ethos to new heights as their signature, oversized tires provide access to conditions (think snow, extreme mud, copious sand) once thought off limits. And fat bikes are perfectly fine to use on your tried-and-true trails, too, adding a new dimension to familiar routes.
The new and improved edition of the Nashbar Fat Bike now features an aluminum frame and an aluminum fork that helps lighten the load without any compromise regarding strength and durability. The tubing is sculpted and shaped plus provides incredible amounts of tire clearance to keep you rolling along in the nastiest of conditions. A stout, 26" aluminum wheelset features 75mm wide rims and 26x4.0 Duro Big D tires. And the beauty of 4"-wide tires is that you can run very low pressures (like in the 10psi realm) that equates to cornering like the kind from your dreams. With the added width and girth you'll also immediately feel more stable and that stability translates into trail confidence.
Speaking of confidence, the SRAM X5 components spec'd for the shifters and derailleurs provide worry-free, quick action gear changing all in a super tough, built-to-last aluminum construction. The drivetrain is 2x10-speed, with 36/22T chainrings and mated to an 11-36T cassette, which provides some seriously low climbing gears, a nice top end for descents, plus everything you need for all-around trail conditions. Tektro Aries mechanical disc brakes deliver reliable, dependable stopping power in any and all conditions which is what riding a fat bike is all about.
- Aluminum frame and fork are light, ultra-strong, and provide plenty of tire clearance
- Huge 26x4.0 Duro Big D tires can run very low pressure and dig into everything - perfect for sandy, slippery, muddy, or snowy conditions
- SRAM X5 shifters and derailleurs ensures smooth, reliable shifting
- 2x10-speed drivetrain with 36/22T chainrings and 11-36T cassette provides a wide range of gears for all terrain
- Tektro Aries mechanical disc brakes ensure all-weather stopping power