Mekk Primo 6.6 Road Bike
Mekk certainly hit the mark by using Primo to name their top-of-the-line, truly race-ready road bike. Primo may be a position you grow accustomed to as the aero-optimized, full carbon frame and fork provides the foundation for finding your way to the top step of the podium in any competitive endeavor you may undertake on the road. Spec'd with Shimano Ultegra 6800 11-speed mechanical components, you know the Primo 6.6 means business.
At the Primo 6.6's heart is a monocoque frame constructed from the finest grade of Japanese carbon fiber. Not only are the sculpted tubes designed to slice through the wind, the stout BB86 bottom bracket is mated to oversized chain stays to make sure there's no power loss through frame flex when you're in the midst of throwing down maximum watts. Up front there's also a full carbon fork with aero blades that features a tapered 1-1/8" to 1.5" steerer for unrivalled stiffness and perfect handling. Shimano's superb Ultegra 6800 11-speed components are just a hair's breadth away from Dura-Ace in performance at a more economical price. The Primo 6.6 features Ultegra 6800 shift/brake levers, derailleurs, compact crankset, and brakes for pro-level performance and Shimano's renowned precision and reliability. The no-holds-barred, race-ready theme continues with the inclusion of Mekk's own Saturae deep profile carbon wheels topped off by Continental Grand Sport Race tires. There's more Mekk-branded componentry with a rock-solid aluminum handlebar and stem cockpit combined with an aero carbon seatpost. The Italian-made Selle San Marco ERA Dynamic saddle is a stellar touch to let you know the Primo 6.6 is a true road ravishing thoroughbred.
Mekk is the brainchild of Mark Edwards (ME) and Ken Knight (KK), a pair of Brits with extensive experience in high-performance cycling at both the racing and production end of the spectrum. Bike Nashbar is proud to be the exclusive purveyor of their bicycle line in the United States.
- Aero-optimized monocoque carbon frame with BB86 bottom bracket is light, stiff, and race ready
- Full carbon fork with tapered 1-1/8" to 1.5" steerer and aero blades delivers responsive handling and stiffness
- Shimano Ultegra 6800 mechanical 11-speed components provide pro-level performance
- Mekk's own Saturae-branded deep section carbon wheelset is lightweight, aero, and ready for high performance riding
- Selle San Marco ERA Dynamic saddle is lightweight, comfortable, and made in Italy
- Continental Grand Sport Race tires are reliable all-arounders
- Compact gearing ensures you can scale the steepest climbs while still having plenty of top-end speed
- Internal cable routing for clean lines
- Di2 compatibility ensures easy upgrade capacity for electronic shifting