2015 Lynskey R460 Road Frame and Fork
In search of a pro-quality superbike that will last a lifetime? The Lynskey R460 is the stuff dreams are made of. Built from tough 6AL/4V titanium, the R460 is a true race machine that's quick, agile, and indestructible. Achieving the frame's strength requires a unique manufacturing process. The R460 begins life as sheets of 6/4 aerospace titanium alloy - the best of the best. From here, the alloy sheets are rolled into tubing and seam welded together by Lynskey at their Chattanooga, TN facility. These newly-formed tubes create the R460's front triangle. This process ultimately gives the R460 its incredible stiffness for ultimate power transfer on the road.
For the R460 frame, Lynskey utilizes a tapered, integrated head tube for confident handling and a clean design. Further down the bike, the over-sized PressFit 30 bottom bracket offers silky smooth pedaling for the most powerful of riders, as well as durability for years to come. Additionally, Helix-shaped seatstays resist vertical flexing for fantastic sprinting and climbing ability. The natural titanium finish ensures every fellow cyclist can be envious of the meticulous craftsmanship in the frame's construction, right down to the custom-machined cloverleaf rear dropouts which signify just how lucky the owner of this bike is.
Included with the R460 is the perfect fork to match the frame's thoroughbred pedigree - the #2 Lynskey Pro Carbon Tapered Road Fork. It features full carbon fiber construction -- from steerer tube through to the dropouts - and sports a 1-1/8" - 1.5" tapered carbon fiber steerer tube that provides a superb ride while keeping the weight to a minimum. The uncut fork, with a 300mm steerer tube, in fact weighs in at just 348 grams. When taken together as a whole, the R460 frame plus full carbon fork make an incredibly impressive foundation for anyone devoted to high performance road riding or racing.
The Lynskey name has long been synonymous with meticulously crafted, world-renowned titanium frames and components. They flat out know titanium. They know how it bends and stretches. They know how it reacts and performs. When it comes to bicycle design, Lynskey knows how to influence titanium better than anyone else in the world. The art of machining, cutting, welding, and polishing titanium demands a meticulous focus. And in an age when nearly every bicycle on the market is made in Asia, Lynskey continues to build their titanium masterworks by hand in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
- Race-tuned 6AL/4V titanium triangular tubeset is engineered for the pinnacle of performance and durability
- Helix shaped seatstays resist vertical forces to enhance sprinting and climbing
- Race geometry allows for aggressive position, excellent stability and precise handling
- Over-sized, sheet formed, force specific shaped downtube increases bottom bracket stiffness
- Downtube derailleur cable routing with adjusters on head tube for easy access
- Tapered/Integrated head tube delivers additional stability
- Includes #2 Lynskey Pro Carbon Tapered Road Fork with matte clear finish
- Fork is UD full carbon fiber construction (from steerer to dropouts) with 1-1/8" -- 1.5" tapered carbon steerer, includes FSA compression plug
- 68mm PressFit 30 bottom bracket shell for unmatched power transfer
- Natural titanium finish provides a proper showcase to the exquisite welds and machining
- Custom-machined clover-leaf rear drop-outs are a nice aesthetic touch
- Tire clearance: 700x28c front/700x25c rear
- Made in the USA
2015 Lynskey R460 Road Frame and Fork
#2 Lynskey Pro Carbon with 1-1/8" - 1.5" tapered carbon fiber steerer (300mm uncut), full carbon fiber molded UD construction
Tapered/integrated head tube, fork requires 1-1/8" - 1.5" headset
68mm PressFit 30
34.9mm clamp diameter