2015 Lynskey Cooper CX Frame and Fork
Proudly touted as the "Swiss Army Knife" of bikes, the Cooper CX Frame and Fork is Lynskey's version of a do-it-all titanium masterpiece. The Cooper CX is not only at home in the cyclocross realm, but its design also makes for an ideal gravel grinding/dirt road explorer replete with all the comfort necessary for long days in the saddle. Lynskey's decades of experience hand-crafting world class titanium frames is fully on display and for 2015 they've made the Cooper CX better than ever. Its 3AL/2.5V titanium tubing has been manipulated into square shapes for increased stiffness while the tapered head tube, too, adds strength and rigidity. Perhaps most ingenious is Lynskey's interchangeable rear dropout system that enables an easy conversion between traditional 135mm quick release hubs and 12x142mm thru-axle systems. (Note: this version of the Cooper CX arrives set up for 135mm quick release hubs and the thru-axle conversion is not included).
All of the cables are routed along the top tube to best keep them away from mud and slop kicked up on the downtube and chainstay while the S-bend chainstays ensure plenty of clearance when the going gets muddy. And while the Cooper CX has its roots in cyclocross, Lynskey spec'd the frame with a pair of water bottle cage braze-ons to make it easy to stay hydrated on lengthy off-road adventures. The Cooper CX features a traditional 68mm English thread bottom bracket plus braze-ons to handle fenders and a rear rack for maximum versatility and utility. Lastly, the Cooper CX's natural titanium finish ensures every fellow cyclist can be envious of the meticulous craftsmanship in the frame's construction.
Up front, this frameset features the Lynskey Endurance Carbon Disc Road Fork that's an ideal choice for both cyclocross and endurance events on dirt or pavement. The Endurance fork has carbon fiber blades and an aluminum, 1-1/8" steerer tube. Its disc brake-specific design means it's fully equipped to handle the increased forces generated by disc brakes. The Endurance has a saddle style cable guide that routes the brake line externally. The fork is set up for traditional quick release front hubs and has fender mounts for optimal utility.
The Lynskey name has long been synonymous with meticulously crafted, world-renowned titanium frames and components. They flat out know titanium. They know how it bends and stretches. They know how it reacts and performs. When it comes to bicycle design, Lynskey knows how to influence titanium better than anyone else in the world. The art of machining, cutting, welding, and polishing titanium demands a meticulous focus. And in an age when nearly every bicycle on the market is made in Asia, Lynskey continues to build their titanium masterworks by hand in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
- 3AL/2.5V titanium square shape, manipulated tubing enhances stiffness
- S-bend chainstays provide ample tire clearance
- Top tube cable routing is designed with cyclocross in mind
- Tapered/Integrated head tube delivers additional stability
- Disc brake-specific frame design (including ability to run full length cable housing for hydraulic brake lines)
- Includes Lynskey Endurance Carbon Disc Fork with matte satin finish
- Fork features carbon fiber fork blades with 1-1/8" aluminum steerer, includes FSA compression plug
- Fork uses saddle style cable guides to accept either standard full cable housing or hydraulic line
- Fork includes built-in fender mounts on dropouts and fork crown
- Fork is designed for disc rotor size up to 160mm
- 68mm English thread bottom bracket shell
- Natural titanium finish provides a proper showcase to the exquisite welds and machining
- 135mm rear axle spacing (set up for quick release hubs)
- Frame features Lynskey's interchangeable dropout system for easy conversion to 12x142 rear thru-axle system (conversion kit not included)
- Tire clearance: 700x42c front/700x38c rear
- Made in the USA
2015 Lynskey Cooper CX Frame and Fork
Lynskey Endurance Carbon Disc Road Fork, Carbon fiber blades and 1-1/8" aluminum steerer tube, 74mm post mount
Disc brake only
Front=74mm post mount; Rear=51mm IS
Fender and rack mounts