2015 Lynskey ProCross Frame and Fork
Light, stiff, strong, bombproof, and built to last a lifetime. That's the essence of the Lynskey ProCross Frame and Fork - a titanium dream machine designed for the rigors of cyclocross no matter if you're seeking the top step of the podium or enjoying an epic day in the woods exploring fire roads and trails. Lynskey's decades of experience hand-crafting world class titanium frames is fully on display and for 2015 they've made the ProCross better than ever. The stiffness factor gets a boost courtesy of the 6AL/4V titanium top tube that's triangular shaped for optimal rigidity as well as a tapered head tube for added strength and stiffness. The disc brake-only frame design has also been updated to handle full length cable lines for hydraulic brakes. Perhaps most ingenious is Lynskey's interchangeable rear dropout system that enables an easy conversion between traditional 135mm quick release hubs and 12x142mm thru-axle systems. (Note: this version of the ProCross arrives set up for thru-axle ).
The ProCross retained an impressive array of design and technology that makes this frame such a cyclocross thoroughbred. Contributing to the frame's stiffness is its Helix Technology which entails spirally twisting the 3AL/2.5V grade titanium down tube to increase the torsional, vertical, and horizontal stiffness. A PressFit 30 bottom bracket, too, ensures rocket ship-esque acceleration and power transfer. The ability to handle the muddiest, sloppiest conditions are in the ProCross DNA via its S-bend chainstays and seatstays that enable massive tire, chainring, crankarm, and heel clearance. The frame's plate-style chainstay on the drive side also contributes to the mud clearance. And speaking of clearance, there's room to run voluminous 700x42c tires front and rear for the plushest of rides on the nastiest of terrain. All of the cables are routed along the top tube to best keep them away from mud and slop kicked up on the downtube and chainstay. And while the ProCross is certainly up to cyclocross racing at any level, Lynskey spec'd the frame with a pair of water bottle cage braze-ons to make it easy to stay hydrated on lengthy off-road adventures.
The perfect complement to the ProCross is the fork included with frameset -- the #4 Lynskey Pro Carbon Cyclocross Disc Fork. New for 2015, the disc-specific fork is full carbon fiber and features a tapered, 1-1/8"-1.5" carbon steerer tube as well as a 15mm thru-axle set up for remarkable stiffness and handling. Additional details include an integrated carbon crown race as well as internal brake cable routing to reduce clutter. The fork weighs in at 467 grams (with an uncut 300mm steerer) and strikes a remarkable balance between light weight, strength, and durability -- exactly what a world-class 'cross frameset requires.
The Lynskey name has long been synonymous with meticulously crafted, world-renowned titanium frames and components. They flat out know titanium. They know how it bends and stretches. They know how it reacts and performs. When it comes to bicycle design, Lynskey knows how to influence titanium better than anyone else in the world. The art of machining, cutting, welding, and polishing titanium demands a meticulous focus. And in an age when nearly every bicycle on the market is made in Asia, Lynskey continues to build their titanium masterworks by hand in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
- Power 6AL/4V titanium triangular-shaped top tube for unmatched stiffness
- Over-sized Helix-shaped downtube ensures a stiff bottom bracket and superb power transfer
- S-bend chainstays and seatstays allow ample tire, chainring, crankarm, and heel clearance
- Plate style chainstay on drive side provides massive mud clearance
- Top tube cable routing is designed with cyclocross in mind
- Tapered/Integrated head tube delivers additional stability
- Enhanced bottom bracket height for additional clearance
- Disc brake-specific frame design (including ability to run full length cable housing for hydraulic brake lines)
- Includes #4 Lynskey Pro Carbon Cyclocross Disc Fork with matte satin finish
- Fork is full carbon fiber construction (from steerer to dropouts) with 1-1/8" -- 1.5" tapered carbon steerer, includes FSA compression plug
- Fork is set up for 15mm thru-axle system
- Fork is designed for 140mm disc rotor, but has clearance for a 160mm rotor
- 68mm PressFit 30 bottom bracket shell for unmatched power transfer
- Natural titanium finish provides a proper showcase to the exquisite welds and machining
- Frame features Lynskey's interchangeable dropout set up for 12x142 rear thru-axle system
- Tire clearance: 700x42c front and rear
- Made in the USA
- Brushed finish not polished as shown.
- Downtube logo is decal not 3D as shown.
2015 Lynskey ProCross Frame and Fork
6AL/4V titanium triangular-shaped top tube, 3AL/2.5V titanium remaining tubing featuring Helix-shaped down tube
#4 Lynskey Pro Carbon Cyclocross Disc, 1-1/8"-1.5" tapered carbon fiber steerer (300mm uncut), Integrated carbon crown race, 74mm post mount, Ports to route disc brake cable housing internally, Designed for 15mm thru-axle hub
Front=74mm post mount; Rear=51mm IS
REAR WHEEL SPACING
142mm Thru Axle