Mekk Primo 8.0 Road Bike
Mekk's premier race-specific, flagship road bike - the Primo 8.0 - gets even better in 2016 with an improved carbon fiber frame complemented by Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 components. The Primo 8.0's aero-optimized carbon fiber frame is now even lighter while stiffness through the BB86 bottom bracket shell as well as the chainstays has increased. By reducing the size of the rear triangle by dropping the seatstays Mekk has also increased the rear triangle stiffness. The seat stay diameter is also reduced allowing more elastic give. In order to facilitate these changes to the rear triangle, the rear brake was moved from its traditional location on the seat stays to under the chainstay bridge at the bottom bracket junction via a direct mount set-up. While the rear triangle has increased in rigidity it has at the same time allowed for more movement in the carbon seat tube and seat post that helps to dampen road vibrations ensuring the bike's back end keeps you feeling fresher for longer. Up front there's also a full carbon fork with aero blades that features a tapered 1-1/8" to 1.5" steerer for unrivalled stiffness and perfect handling.
Mekk pulled out all the stops with the Primo 8.0's components as there's Shimano's pro-level, Dura-Ace 11-speed group featuring their electronic Di2 shifters and derailleurs for the absolute ultimate in instant, precision gear changes. The 11-speed Dura-Ace crankset features 52/36T mid-compact chainrings and Shimano's four-arm design which reduces weight without sacrificing one iota of strength and stiffness. The bolt circle diameter is identical for compact as well as standard size chainrings meaning one set of crank arms can do it all - just swap out chainrings to mix things up while keeping the same crankset. Exquisite braking capacity is just a squeeze of the levers away as the Primo 8.0 features the renowned Dura-Ace brakes as well.
The no-holds-barred, race-ready theme continues with the inclusion of Mekk's own Saturae C50 carbon fiber wheels topped off by Continental Grand Sport Race tires. There's more Mekk-branded componentry with a rock-solid aluminum handlebar and stem cockpit combined with an aero carbon seatpost. The Italian-made Selle San Marco ERA Dynamic Protek saddle is a stellar touch to let you know the Primo 8.0 is a true high-performance road-racing thoroughbred.
Mekk is the brainchild of Mark Edwards (ME) and Ken Knight (KK), a pair of Brits with extensive experience in high-performance cycling in both the racing and production realms. Nashbar is proud to be the exclusive purveyor of their bicycle line in the United States.
- High Modulus Carbon Toray T800 EPS System frame with BB86 bottom bracket provides a stiff, light chassis
- Re-designed rear triangle increases stiffness and tucks rear brake away underneath the chainstays
- Full carbon fork with tapered 1-1/8" to 1.5" steerer for responsive handling and smoothness
- Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 electronic 11-speed components for the ultimate in world-class precision performance
- Dura-Ace crankset features 52/36T mid-compact chainrings
- Mekk's own Saturae-branded C50 50mm deep carbon fiber wheelset is lightweight, aero, and ready for high performance riding
- Continental Grand Sport Race tires (700x25, 180 TPI casing) are reliable all-arounders
- Selle San Marco ERA Dynamic Protek saddle is lightweight, comfortable, and made in Italy
- Mekk's own aero carbon fiber seatpost plus aluminum handlebar and stem
- Internal cable routing for clean lines