Garmin Fenix 3 GPS Watch
The Fenix 3 multi-sport training GPS watch is rugged, capable and smart. With feature sets for fitness training plus feature sets for outdoor navigation, the Fenix 3 is ready for any training activity and competition.
The sleek Fenix 3 watch itself features a protective stainless steel bezel and buttons, and reinforced housing for extra durability. A sunlight-visible high-resolution color Garmin Chroma Display with LED backlight lets you access your data in any light. The Fenix 3 is water-rated to 100 meters and has a battery life of up to 50 hours in UltraTrac battery saver mode, 16 hours in GPS mode, and up to 3 months in watch mode (all depending on settings).
The Fenix 3 watch is packed with training features to tell you about your form and fitness. The VO2 max estimator (when used with a heart rate monitor strap -- not included) crunches data, including your running speed, beats per minute and heart rate variability, to estimate the maximum volume of oxygen you can consume per minute. Go further with your running data and tap into extended physiological metrics and advanced running dynamics. The Fenix 3 reports the following data: vertical oscillation (the degree of 'bounce' in your running motion), ground contact time, and cadence.
The Fenix 3 watch isn't just for running; special feature sets help swim training and skiing, too. Borrowing from the Garmin Swim, the Fenix 3 tracks your distance, pace, stroke count, and more. You just tell the Fenix 3 the size of the pool you're swimming in and begin your workout. The Ski/Board mode puts speed, distance, vertical drop, and an automatic run counter (with Auto Pause for the lift line), and more at your fingertips.
It also provides comprehensive navigation and tracking functionalities to guide you on and off the beaten path using GPS plus ABC (altimeter, barometer and compass). TracBack feature navigates you back to your starting point the same way you came while its built-in sensors provide information on heading, elevation, and weather changes.
The Fenix 3 watch is equipped with both ANT+ connectivity and Bluetooth smart capabilities while smart notifications let you receive emails, texts and alerts right on your watch, even if you're on the trail.
- Omni-directional stainless steel EXO antenna, with GPS/GLONASS satellite reception, has the ability to track in more challenging environments than GPS alone
- Fitness training features like advanced running dynamics with cadence, vertical oscillation, and ground contact time
- Other fitness features for sports such as swimming and skiing
- Outdoor navigation features like 3-axis compass, altimeter and barometer, and TracBack feature
- 1.2-inch sunlight-readable Garmin Chroma Display
- Connect IQ compatibility for customized apps, widgets, watch faces, and data fields
- Water-rated to 100 meters
- ANT+ and Bluetooth 4.0 LE compatible
- Heart rate monitor strap compatible (not included)
- Rechargeable (via included USB cable) lithium-ion battery