Nashbar Alloy 29er Frame
Your 29er blank canvass awaits courtesy of the Nashbar Alloy 29er Mountain Frame. This svelte hardtail is constructed of 6061 aluminum -- the industry standard for quality in either mountain or road bike frames. The beauty of 6061 aluminum is that it's tough, light, and can be fashioned to give flex in all the right areas for superior control and riding comfort. The material strikes a nice, happy medium between carbon fiber and steel. The frame is designed for disc brakes only and is equipped to handle either a hydraulic or mechanical disc brake system. All of the cables are routed externally along the top tube for easy maintenance and to better protect them from mud and grime kicked up onto the downtube. This rock-solid 29er frame is such a good deal that resistance is futile. Snap one up today and build it just the way you imagined.
NOTE: The frame's head tube is tapered with a 1-1/8" upper and 1-1/2" lower. A headset is included with the frame, however the lower race is a 1-1/2" to 1-1/8" reducer. If you opt to use the included headset your fork will need to have a non-tapered, 1-1/8" steerer tube.
- 6061 aluminum construction is lightweight, strong, and durable
- Tapered 1-1/8" upper - 1-1/2" lower head tube
- Headset included (NOTE: headset does not include a top cap or star nut - purchase Nashbar item # NS-SEP)
- 68mm English thread bottom bracket
- All cables externally routed along the top tube
- Disc brake only with 74mm post mount
- Brake cable bosses compatible with hydraulic or mechanical disc brake
- 31.6mm seatpost diameter
- 135mm rear axle spacing
- Replaceable rear derailleur hanger