Tacx T2800 Neo Smart Trainer
In the T2800 Neo Smart Trainer, Tacx has created the ultimate indoor riding experience that's versatile enough to handle the most intense interval sessions as well as the easiest of recovery rides. The Neo Smart is compatible with virtually any smart device and training app out there and is the perfect addition to any cyclist's training regimen, whether you're a beginner or a world-class podium contender.
The Neo Smart is ANT+ and Bluetooth Smart enabled so it can not only show you your speed, cadence, and power data, but it also receives information from training software like Zwift, Training Peaks, and others for fun and realistic-feeling workouts that will change the way you think about training indoors. This direct drive-style trainer eliminates the tire-to-roller contact as the rear wheel is removed and the rear of your bike is mounted to the trainer using a cassette (not included) mounted on the fly wheel. The Neo Smart trainer uses an electromotor brake containing 32 magnets that rotate around 30 coils that ensures exceptional accuracy and minimal power loss. This design is capable of replicating any outdoor ride from conversational group rides to rolling hills to pain face-inducing 25% grades and 2,200 watt efforts. The electromotor brake design can not only generate high resistance at low speeds to simulate climbing, but there's also a downhill drive feature the enable the simulation of descending. Furthermore, there's road feel functionality (when used with some Tacx Films, virtual worlds, and Zwift) that enables you to experience the sensation of cobblestones, mud, grid, concrete plates, cattle grids, and pavers.
The Neo Smart also features Plug in/Plug out technology that enables it to be used with and without being plugged in to a wall outlet. When riding on the trainer without a plug, the motor and electronics are set to generate energy from your movement, enabling the trainer to communicate with apps and control the resistance unit. You'll have all Smart functionalities, but you will have to keep pedaling to maintain the communication and control of the trainer. Tacx recommends using a plug for the optimal training experience as you won't be able to simulate descents and when you stop pedaling the trainer will soon come to a stop when operating without a plug.
- Direct drive design directly connects the bicycle to the resistance unit, eliminating tire wear and rear wheel slippage
- Interactive Smart direct drive utilizes motor brake with 32 magnets to create maximum of 2200 watts of resistance (at 40 km/h)
- Trainer is exceptionally quiet
- Can simulate slopes of up to 25% as well as descents
- Downhill drive enables simulation of a descent - when going downhill in a Tacx Film, virtual world, or GPS-based training, the wheel keeps spinning just as if you're outdoors
- Road surface simulation feature when used with some Tacx Films, virtual worlds, and Zwift
- ANT+ FE-C and Bluetooth Smart communication capable
- Resistance controlled by smartphone, tablet, ANT+ FE-C bike computers, and stand-alone Connect to computer via ANT+ antenna
- Compatible with third-party software such as Zwift, TrainerRoad, and many more
- Measures speed, cadence, and power data
- Can be used completely wireless or hooked to a power outlet (Note: for full functionality, use of a power outlet is required)
- Foldable, with wings serving as a handle for easy transport when folded
- Compatible with frames having 130mm or 135mm rear dropout width and quick release rear axle set-up (quick release skewer included)
- Trainer features big footprint for maximum stability
- Includes front wheel riser block
- Cassette not included
Tacx T2800 Neo Smart Trainer
Direct Drive w/ magnetic resistance
Resistance adjusted via apps
26", 27.5", 700c, 29"