Absolute Black Premium 1X 104 & 64bcd Oval traction chainrings are designed for any cranks that use 104bcd mounting interface. This is the most common mounting standard for Shimano and other 4 arm cranks.
Advantages of Absolute Black 104 & 64bcd chainrings:
- We mastered our oval chainrings to perfection, so you can get best possible advantage from the oval/elliptical shape.
- Finest design to provide excellent weight to strength ratio
- One of a kind special oval shape (Patent Pending)
- Greatly improves traction and climbing abilities
- Unique Patent Pending narrow-wide teeth profiles to keep your chain in place for minimum 12 months!
- Special 3D teeth machining for ultimate mud relief decrease wear and noise dramatically
- Superb quality and great look.
- You will ride faster using ovals. If you keep using round ring then others will get quicker.
- You will not "feel" the oval shape at all
- Reduces stress on knees
32T chainring has build-in 2mm spacers and threaded holes (M8x0.75) to accommodate this size on spider. Other sizes have regular 10mm holes.
30T chainring has build-in 2.5mm spacers and threaded holes (M8 / M5) to accommodate this size on spider. It also comes with bolts and spacers in the package: 2x M8 aluminium bolts T30 torx, 2x M5 steel bolts T25 torx and 2x eccentric spacers. This is a patent pending solution.
Why our oval chainrings work:
Our traction Oval chainrings work because a rider does not produce power evenly through a pedal stroke; they maximize the part of the stroke where power is produced and minimize resistance where it isn't. Oval rings make the spin cycle a lot smoother and are easier on legs while climbing. Believe it (or not), but a round chainring doesn't transfer torque to your rear wheel as smoothly as an Oval one. You will actually feel your stroke to be more "round" with an Oval shape than with a round chainring.
Why it matters:
Traction, Traction and Traction. With oval rings rear tire traction improves greatly on loose and slippery terrain. Smoother power delivery to your rear wheel means that you will be able to maintain better, constant cadence; get less stress on the joints (knees) and therefore be able to keep certain level of effort for longer. This results in higher average speed. Moreover, 11 studies made by various Universities in the World show that using oval chainrings human legs utilize more muscle groups (compared to round one), but each of them to lesser degree. Load from pedaling an oval chainring is spread over greater muscle mass which in effect gives you the feeling of fresher and more relaxed legs. It is world's finest oval chainring backed by tens of thousands of customers.
What size should I choose?
- 26T (64BCD) Oval chainring has the ovality of 24/28T and is best for someone who uses currently 26T round ring.
- 28T (64BCD) Oval chainring has the ovality of 26/30T and is best for someone who uses currently 27 or 28T round ring.
- 30T 104bcd Oval chainring has the ovality of 28/32T and is best for someone who uses currently 29 or 30T round ring.
- 32T oval ring will suit best someone who uses round 32T chainring currently. While pedaling, you will feel quite similar effort to the one riding round 31T ring (as the smallest diameter of the oval is 30T), but you will gain the speed similar to riding 33/34T chainring.
- 34T Oval chainring has the ovality of 32/36T and is best for someone who uses currently 33 or 34T round ring.
- 36T Oval chainring has the ovality of 34/38T and is best for someone who uses currently 36 or 38T round ring.
How to mount 104bcd Absoluteblack oval chainring:
There is a small mark (triangle shaped) on the inner circumference of the chainring.
This mark Must sit behind the crank arm.
In 28T oval there is a dimple instead of the triangle mark. That dimple must align with the crank arm and Must be visible to you when mounting the chainring (recesses on the mounting holes face the crank tabs)
Ring Type: 1x (Anti-Drop)
Mount Style: 4-Bolt
Speeds: SS, 9-12 speed
Material: 7075 Aluminum
This product was added to our catalog on June 29, 2017