The Cane Creek eeSilk Aluminumn Seatpost is the perfect wallet-friendly option for riders looking to extend their ride. It offers 20mm of vertical compliance to improve control on rough surfaces and reduce fatigue on long rides.
- Comparable in weight to traditional rigid performance seatposts while offering 20mm of vertical compliance, with 8mm offset
- Reduces fatigue on long rides and improves control on rough surfaces or gravel
- Pedal to saddle distance remains nearly constant through travel
- Medium elastomer spring rate installed [150-210lb (68-95kg) rider]
- Cane Creek seatpost shims are available in multiple sizes
- Maximum rider weight: 250lbs/113kg
Diameter: 27.2, 31.6mm
Weight: 343g (27.2mm), 360g (31.6mm)
This product was added to our catalog on March 23, 2021
However, I don't like the way one adjusts saddle tilt with this seatpost clamp. The front bolt is only adjustable from the top with a 10mm wrench., i.e. between the saddle and the seatpost where it's almost entirely inaccessible. With my current saddle, (a Brooks b17) I have to pry up the side of the saddle to attempt to get a wrench in there. If I'm lucky enough to grab it, I can only get a quarter turn at a time because the saddle rails get in the way.
The back bolt is a more reasonable downward facing 4mm hex bolt, but I somehow managed to strip immediately. Fortunately it's a common bolt that I was able to pick up at the hardware store.
As long as I never have to adjust the saddle again I'll be happy, but I'm not looking to the inevitable time that I will have to reach that top facing bolt. So close to a great product, but that was a really poor design decision.