The Cavalo Carbon Ultegra Road Bike is new for 2017 and features an exquisite carbon fiber frame and fork, Shimano Ultegra 6800 11-speed componentry, Shimano wheels, as well as Ritchey handlebars, stem, and seatpost. It's a race-worthy bike right out of the box and this well-crafted thoroughbred eagerly awaits you to push it to the limits over hill and dale on your favorite road rides.
At its heart is a C5 high-modulus carbon fiber frame for an ideal combination of stiffness, light weight, and comfort in an all-around competition-grade road platform. The C5 carbon weaving process translates into a frame that is incredibly stiff without adding unnecessary weight. The carbon frame features a BB86 bottom bracket for added stiffness and weight savings while the oversized chainstays and minimalist seatstays ensure a stiff platform for climbing and sprinting as well as comfort throughout long days in the saddle. The full carbon fiber fork, with a 1-1/8" - 1-1/2" taper steerer, is lightweight and ensures responsive, predictable handling.
Shimano's Ultegra 6800 11-speed components are spec'd for the shift/brake levers, derailleurs, crankset, bottom bracket, and brakes and this renowned mechanical groupset features an amazing amount of trickle-down functionality, precision, and reliability from the flagship Dura-Ace line-up. The shifting is just flawless while the mid-compact 52/36T crankset coupled with an 11-28T Shimano 105 cassette strikes an optimal balance for gear ratios to handle steep ascents, steep descents, as well as flatter roads with equal aplomb. Additionally, there's the ever-reliable Shimano RS010 aluminum wheelset - featuring 24mm deep rims and 20/24-spoke wheels front/rear - paired with Vittoria Zaffiro 700x25 tires for all-around, smooth-rolling performance. The Shimano Ultegra dual-pivot brakes provide incredible stopping power while rock-solid Ritchey aluminum components are includes for the handlebars, stem, and seatpost.
- C5 high-modulus carbon fiber frame w/ BB86 bottom bracket sets the standard for light weight, stiffness, and ride quality
- Full carbon fiber fork with 1-1/8" - 1-1/2" taper steerer ensures superb handling
- Shimano Ultegra 6800 2x11-speed shifter/brake levers and derailleurs deliver precise, reliable gear changes plus light weight
- Mid-compact Shimano Ultegra crankset w/ 52/36T chainrings plus Shimano 105 11-28T 11-speed cassette deliver a wide range of gear ratios to tackle challenging terrain
- Shimano RS010 wheelset w/ Vittoria Zaffiro 700x25 tires for smooth-rolling performance
- Shimano Ultegra 6800 dual-pivot brakes ensure superb stopping power
- Ritchey Comp Logic II handlebars, Ritchey Comp 4-Axis stem, and Ritchey Comp seatpost are rock-solid performers
This product was added to our catalog on February 18, 2019