The Elite Qubo Fluid Trainer is the go-to in terms of an excellent, quiet, powerful and easy-to-use trainer. Different from a standard fluid unit, this trainer combines a gravity-style trainer frame to prop your bike against a fluid resistance roller. The fluid roller builds resistance as you ride harder since it's paired with the pressure of the riders weight via the gravity designed frame, the pressure gets harder with no calibration required. This trainer folds down easily and is perfectly sized for packing along in a car so you can warm-up/warm-down for events.
This quality Italian-made trainer comes with a front wheel riser block as well as a sweat net. The riser block enables you to level out your bike for your training sessions while the sweat-catcher protects your frame from dripping perspiration.
- Fluid resistance produces progressive resistance that increases as your wheel speed increases, so the faster you ride, the harder you have to work -- just like the road
- Fast Fixing clamping system with an automatic locking lever and one-handed approach for easy, safe, and fast bike attachment and removal
- Folds compactly for storage or transport
- Increased range of leaning area and optimal bike-to-athlete-center-of-mass in relation to the frame which improves stability and allows safer training at high speeds and power outputs
- Qubo Fluid Resistant Roller:
- Generates a greater range of resistance from low to high, especially at high speeds
- High resistance levels can be obtained at low speeds because of roller flywheel oil viscosity
- Elite Sweat-Catcher Protec:
- Keeps your bike free of corrosive sweat and other yucky stuff like snot, spit, fluid you try to flush into your body while suffering, the whole shebang
- Dual material, synthetic absorbing material on the top, neoprene water-proof material on the bottom
- Installs in seconds on virtually any bike between seatpost and handlebar
Made in: Italy
Compatibility: Standard QR system
- Qubo Fluid Trainer Frame
- Qubo Fluid Unit
- Front wheel riser block
- QR skewer
- Allen key with replacement bolts & hardware
Note: The Elite is compatible with the Zwift Virtual Powercurve when used with an ANT+ speed/cadence sensor.
This product was added to our catalog on June 26, 2019
Fast-forward 5 years now to the COVID-19 pandemic emergency...with all gyms closed I decided to pull out my trainer so I could keep my bike fitness fresh. I set everything up, hopped on, and found the fluid unit offered no resistance anymore! I cycled the 6-position selector through all the resistance positions and it didn't do anything! I got off and confirmed that the cable was still attached and moving, and it in fact was. Best I can tell, the fluid has leaked out during storage and there's nothing inside the unit anymore to create wheel resistance.
All-in-all, very disappointing. About 4 months of actual use, followed by 5ish years of it just sitting there, out of the way, well protected from impact and temperature extremes, and it's about as functional as a unit I could've paid half as much for. I can see from the picture on this site that Elite is still using the same fluid unit as the one I have, so I just caution you to beware of long-term reliability. If I'd actually used it 3 times a week long-term instead of for just 4 months, I wonder if it would've even lasted through the year.
I'll give it 2 stars because it was nice when it worked, and the physical design of it is pretty good; it's easy to set up and plenty stable, I just wish it still worked so I could actually get a workout!
Performance should tell potential buyers of trainers that you need a trainer tire when you are looking at the item on their website. I knew nothing about trainers. I bought it because I wanted to keep riding during COVID.
I like the trainer and would have given it a good rating but Performance deserves a bad rating. I think I will order the trainer tire and a new rear tire from someone else.