This is the Garmin Edge 520 Plus GPS Bike Computer. The training, planning, and analysis tools can help you take your training to the next level, while the navigation features allow you to discover new places and routes. Other features like Strava Live segment, the bright color screen, and turn-by-turn directions with Garmin's Cycle Map, are there to make sure you can get the most out of each ride.
- Garmin Cycle Map offers turn-by-turn directions on roads and on trails
- Strava Live Segments allow you to compete with your PR, another rider's PR, or the KOM of the segment in real time
- Stay Safe and connected with LiveTrack and GroupTrack, smart notifications, and rider-to-rider messaging, when connected to your smart phone
- Built-in incident detection
- When paired with power and heart rate, the 520 Plus monitors cycling-specific VO2 max and recovery time
- Functional Threshold Power (FTP) tracking and cycling dynamics when used with Vector™ power meters
- Up to 15 hours of battery life
Specifications: Dimensions: 1.9" x 2.9" x 0.8" (49.0 x 73.0 x 21.0 mm)
Weight: 2.2oz (62.5g)
Water Rating: IPX7
Battery: Rechargeable Lithium-Ion
Display Size: 1.4” x 1.9” (35.0 x 47.0 mm); 2.3" diagonal
Display Resolution: 200 x 265 Pixels
Battery life: Up To 15 Hours
- Edge 520 Plus
- Flush out-front mount
- Standard mount
- USB cable
This product was added to our catalog on May 23, 2018
The Edge 20 had the previous functions I needed but the turn by turn system sucks really bad unless you memorize your planned route. I wanted a unit that would not only tell me when to turn, but where by street name. I wanted a unit to display the name of the street i needed to turn on and the exact distance before the turn. I wanted a unit with a color map with details including adjacent streets. I found all that and more in the Edge 520 Plus.
Worth the money, absolutely yes. Why did I purchase from Nashbar? THE PRICE. I searched for a couple weeks on different sites and this was the lowest price and from a seller I feel confident will deliver unlike some other businesses. If you are on the fence about this computer don't think about it. Get this unit. If you are a big baller and need to have all the bells and whistles and bling, get the higher end units. If you are a new rider or like me, an enthusiast who likes to get out, this is a great starter unit to grow with. I ride very other day and as of writing this, I have a couple hundred miles logged in and this appears to have been a solid purchase so far.
Bottom line: Good people, Great prices, decent ship times (I opted for free) and a product that does everything I want and more!!