This is the Garmin Edge 830 GPS performance cycling computer bundle. The Edge 830 features many dynamic performance monitoring and insight tools to help you improve, while also offering a peace of mind.
- Cycling safety features like incident detection/assistance
- On-device route planner & POI search
- Includes routable Garmin Cycle Map with popularity routing to help you feel like a local in new towns, and for mountain biking, it includes integrated Trailforks data
- When paired with compatible sensors, dynamic performance monitoring provides insights on many aspects of your training like VO2 max, recovery, training balance, and many others
- Customizable with the Connect IQ Store
- MTB dynamics track things such as jump count, distance, hang time, and other measurements.
Display: 2.6" color touchscreen
Dimensions: 1.9 x 3.2 x 0.8
Weight: 2.8 oz (79.1 g)
Battery Life: 20 hours/40 hours on battery save mode
Connectivity: ANT+, Bluetooth, & Wifi
- Edge 830
- Flush out-front mount
- Standard mount
- Speed sensor
- Cadence sensor
- Heart rate monitor
- USB cable
This product was added to our catalog on May 15, 2019
I purchased the Garmin Edge 830 mainly because of the battery life. I can say that this is the only thing that it is not bad about the device.
Garmin technical support and online information is horrible. If you have a question, they direct you to a third party website (Just Ask) and you are charged for asking.
If you try their "frequently asked questions" they direct you to a site where they try to sell you more Garmin stuff, and has useless information.
You also have to download Garmin Connect which does not really help you to upload any non-Garmin maps.
The quality of the Garmin maps compare to Google maps is really bad.
Navigating the screens of the Edge 830 is not intuitive. You will spend hours deciphering what everything does.
The screen is actually too small. If your vision is not excellent, be prepared to ride with your reading glasses on.
This device is not user friendly and all its software is built around getting more money from you. You are better off by purchasing a used smart phone with a mounting bracket and a cheap Performance bike computer for statistics.
Next step for me is testing how good Performance's return policy is.