The Giro Candidate - available only at Nashbar - is exactly what you need in a high performance mountain shoe that doesn't break the bank. Its injected nylon sole is a sure-fire means to apply power to the pedals while delivering just enough flex to ensure walking's an easy endeavor. And with dual-density lugs on the sole plus the capacity to add toe spikes, off-the-bike traction is assured.
A precision fit is ensured via the retention system which features both a BOA reel set-up plus a hook and loop strap across the fore-foot. The BOA system is superb at delivering a super-snug fit without any hot spots while the Velcro strap adds an extra degree of security and adjustability regarding fit. Additionally, the Candidate's perforated synthetic leather and mesh upper provides superb ventilation to keep your feet cool and comfortable in warm conditions.
- Injected nylon outsole offers a rigid, stable, and efficient pedaling platform
- 1 BOA reel system and 1 hook and loop strap combine to ensure a precision fit
- High quality, synthetic leather upper with air mesh is breathable and supple
- Dual-density lugs offer plenty of traction in sloppy terrain
- 4mm layer of EVA foam cushioning on footbed
- 2-bolt cleat compatible
- Toe spike compatible (set up for 2 spikes/shoe, toe spikes not included)
- Weight: 680 grams/pair (size 42)
This product was added to our catalog on February 18, 2019