Kogel's races are made out of hardened steel and are polished to a mirror finish. These steps are necessary to make a perfect match between the hardness of the balls and the races.
Kogel Bearings offers two seal types for different use: we have our road seals, a minimal contact seal that is designed to keep the elements out and the friction low. The cross seals are designed for extra protection from contamination: dust, water and mud.
Kogel Bearings is very much aware of the bad reputation ceramic bearings have when it comes to durability. We blame this mostly on sub-par quality bearings being sold as high quality. A bearing needs to be balanced: the hardness of the balls needs to be matched with equally smooth and hard races. Bearing retainers, seals and greases must be balanced to work in unity. If one of the components is not matched with the others, it will throw off the performance of the entire bearing. The result being high drag, a shortened life span or major failure.
To prove that we believe in our products, we guarantee them to be running for at least 2 years. If anything happens in the first year, we will repair or replace your product with very few questions asked. After that first year, we want the bearings to be serviced by a qualified mechanic. This service involves cleaning, regreasing and replacing of the seals. This will extend the warranty for another year.
- 30mm spindle (except BB30)
- High quality hybrid ceramic bearings with specially designed cups to allow for the smoothest and longest lasting bottom brackets
- BB86-30/BB92-30: fits Race Face Cinch, Rotor, 386EVO, Over Torque. Does NOT fit BB30 cranks
- Choose (Road) for low friction designed for Road use, or (MTB/Cross) for weather resistant seals designed for MTB, Cyclocross, or Commuting use
- 2 year warranty with annual bearing service. See BTI part# KB-009x Note: The Rotor and FSA cranks that come stock on most Cervelo bikes are BBright specific and require a PF30 BB.
Frame Interface: BB86/92
Spindle Interface: 30mm (Race Face Cinch, Rotor, 386EVO, Over Torque) (Does NOT fit BB30 cranks)
Bottom Bracket Shell ID: PF41
Shell Width: 91.5mm
Material: Hybrid Ceramic Bearings (Cross Seals)