When it comes to staying cool on the bike, your helmet needs the proper amount of vents or you'll overheat; and fast. The Louis Garneau Diamond II Road Helmet features a whopping 40 vents, including 8 front Venturi Vents for maximum ventilation. Ventilation is one matter, but what about construction? The Diamond II features Garneau's patented Super MSB (Monocoque Structural Base) and EXI technologies. The monocoque polycarbonate base acts like an exo-skeleton providing more than a fashion statement or protection against abrasion for the base of the helmet: it is one of the strongest ways to achieve structural strength. Instead of using internal rib cages which add more weight and limit the number of vents, they used Super MSB and EXI technologies in conjunction. This consists of 2 polycarbonate bars placed inside the helmet at specific structural location and 9 carbon bridge inserts which provide the strength exactly where it is needed. The result: more vents, less weight.
- In-Mold Construction
- Super MSB Technology: Ring-shaped plastic protection at the base of the helmet reinforces the perimeter for enhanced protection
- Exo-Insert technology: Lightweight inner plastic reinforcement spreads the shock of impact and helps maintain the helmet's structure
- Composite reinforcement: Lightweight composite skeleton provides structural support and integrity on impact
- Evacuation Channels: Moisture channels provide better airflow and moisture wicking
- Spiderlock PRO II: Helmet stabilizing system featuring a polymer neck support. It can be easily tightened on the head using only one hand, thanks to its dented anti-slip wheel. Its inclination can be adjusted to several positions
- Steplock divider: Cam locking device to quickly adjust strap position
- Reflector decals: Safety first! Reflective stickers will make you more visible near motorists
- X-Static XT2 padding: Quick-drying antimicrobial material that inhibits growth of odor-causing bacteria. Its ergonomic design gives you optimum comfort
- Spiderlock Vision light included: Whether you ride to work early in the morning or late at night, the back light will make sure you'll be seen
- Stickers included (5T0): Customized your helmet yourself. Fit it with your team clothes!
This product was added to our catalog on September 3, 2014