Brand new for 2015, the Lynskey R140 Road Frame and Fork provides real-world affordability that is firmly steeped in three decades of high performance titanium bike building heritage from the Lynskey brothers. If you've had your heart set on riding an American-built titanium masterpiece, the R140 proves that great value can be paired with great performance, and it doesn't have to come from Taiwan or China to be reasonably priced. The R140 features Lynskey's Sport Geometry that's responsive, quick, nimble, but buttery smooth for your epic solo adventures or spirited group rides out on the road. The frame is constructed of certified aerospace grade 3AL/2.5V straight-gauge titanium tubing for efficient power transfer and handling confidence. The R140's smaller diameter titanium tubeset provides a reduction in weight while still delivering incredible predictability in handling each and every ride. Additionally, the R140 is specifically designed to be more compliant in areas that maximize all day comfort in the saddle for the never ending ride. Staying true to tradition, the frame sports a classic 68mm English thread bottom bracket shell while the natural titanium finish ensures every fellow cyclist can be envious of the meticulous craftsmanship in the frame's construction.
Included with the R140 frame is a fork worthy of the frame's pedigree and on-the-road performance - the #1 Lynskey Pro Carbon Road Fork. Lightweight, stable, and precise handling, this fork sports a 1-1/8" carbon fiber steerer tube and utilizes a 3K carbon fiber weave. The fork and frame can both clear tires up to 25c in width for a plusher, forgiving ride.
The Lynskey name has long been synonymous with meticulously crafted, world-renowned titanium frames and components. They flat out know titanium. They know how it bends and stretches. They know how it reacts and performs. When it comes to bicycle design, Lynskey knows how to influence titanium better than anyone else in the world. The art of machining, cutting, welding, and polishing titanium demands a meticulous focus. And in an age when nearly every bicycle on the market is made in Asia, Lynskey continues to build their titanium masterworks by hand in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
- Certified Aerospace Grade 3AL/2.5V straight-gauge titanium tubing
- Downtube derailleur cable routing with adjusters on head tube for easy access
- Includes #1 Lynskey Pro Carbon Road Fork with matte clear finish
- Fork utilizes 3K carbon fiber weave carbon fiber construction with a 1-1/8" carbon fiber steerer, includes FSA compression plug
- Traditional 68mm English thread bottom bracket shell
- Natural titanium finish provides a proper showcase to the exquisite welds and machining
- Wright-style rear dropouts enhance frame stiffness
- Frame set up for 130mm rear quick release hub
- Tire clearance: 700x25c front and rear
- Made in the USA
This product was added to our catalog on February 18, 2019