There's good reason that the Lynskey R240 is their most popular frameset as it's fully capable to handle the performance demands of competition all the while providing enough comfort to make your longest of rides a superbly pleasant endeavor. Lynskey's decades of experience in the realm of titanium shine brightly in the shaping of the R240's 3AL/2.5V titanium tubing. Its downtube is bi-axially ovalized to increase the frame's stiffness and responsiveness while the chainstays are oversized to maximized lateral rigidity. To help smooth out the ride the R240's seatstays are curved and ovalized for optimal comfort. Additionally, the pro level tapered and integrated head tube provides even more front end stability and stiffness as it makes room for a tapered steerer tube fork. Staying true to tradition, the frame sports a classic 68mm English thread bottom bracket shell, clearance for 700x28c tires, while the natural titanium finish ensures every fellow cyclist can be envious of the meticulous craftsmanship in the frame's construction.
Included with the R240 frame is the perfect fork to deliver optimum performance on up-tempo ride situations - the #2 Lynskey Pro Carbon Tapered Road Fork. It features full carbon fiber construction -- from steerer tube through to the dropouts - and sports a 1-1/8" - 1.5" tapered carbon fiber steerer tube that provides a superb ride while keeping the weight to a minimum. The uncut fork, with a 300mm steerer tube, in fact weighs in at just 348 grams. When taken together as a whole, the R240 frame plus full carbon fork provide the means to push your limits as well as enjoy the comfortable ride quality unique to titanium.
The Lynskey name has long been synonymous with meticulously crafted, world-renowned titanium frames and components. They flat out know titanium. They know how it bends and stretches. They know how it reacts and performs. When it comes to bicycle design, Lynskey knows how to influence titanium better than anyone else in the world. The art of machining, cutting, welding, and polishing titanium demands a meticulous focus. And in an age when nearly every bicycle on the market is made in Asia, Lynskey continues to build their titanium masterworks by hand in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
- Competition-tuned 3/2.5 titanium tubeset provides efficient power transfer and a stable front end
- Bi-axially ovalized downtube boosts bottom bracket stiffness
- Curved and ovalized seatstays enhance comfort on longer rides
- Oversized chainstays increase lateral rigidity
- Downtube derailleur cable routing with adjusters on head tube for easy access
- Tapered/Integrated head tube delivers additional stability
- Includes #2 Lynskey Pro Carbon Tapered Road Fork with matte clear finish
- Fork is UD full carbon fiber construction (from steerer to dropouts) with 1-1/8" -- 1.5" tapered carbon steerer, includes FSA compression plug
- Traditional 68mm English thread bottom bracket shell
- Natural titanium finish provides a proper showcase to the exquisite welds and machining
- Tire clearance: 700x28c front/rear
- Made in the USA
This product was added to our catalog on February 18, 2019