The Lynskey R265 Ultegra Disc Road Bike is Lynskey's modern take on the classic road bike. The frame's double and triple-butted 3AL/2.5V aerospace grade titanium tubeset is responsive, compliant, and rides with silky smoothness - all while remaining laterally stiff. Featuring relaxed geometry for long days in the saddle, an elegantly designed simple round tubeset for a traditional look and feel, curved seat stays for enhanced comfort, plus a disc brake-specific design for superb braking performance in all conditions, the R265 Disc frameset may be the perfect long distance road bike.
Included with the R265 Disc bike is the perfect fork to deliver a silky smooth, responsive ride - the #3 Lynskey Pro Carbon Disc Road Fork. It features full carbon fiber construction and sports a 1-1/8" - 1.5" tapered carbon fiber steerer tube that provides a smooth ride all the while keeping the weight to a minimum. The fork's disc brake specific design features a 74mm post mount plus a pair of ports to route the disc brake cable housing internally for a sleek aesthetic.
Gram for gram, dollar for dollar, you'd be hard-pressed to find a finer choice than Shimano Ultegra 6800 11-speed groupset. You'll be blown away by how well this stuff works as so much functionality, precision, and reliability has trickled down from big brother Dura-Ace that Ultegra is a tour de force in its own right. The shifting is just perfect while the compact 50/34T crankset coupled with an 11-32T cassette provides a wide range of gears that can tackle long days in the mountains with aplomb. The disc-specific Mavic Aksium wheels are stellar all-around performers that feature 21mm deep rims to strike a balance between aerodynamics and handling. The hubs utilize super-smooth sealed cartridge bearings while stiffness and strength is assured courtesy of the 24 straight pull spokes front and rear plus laced 3x to best handle braking torque of disc brakes. And speaking of disc brakes, this bike features the stellar Avid BB7 mechanical disc brakes for superb stopping power in all conditions. An FSA Gossamer handlebar is paired with an FSA SL-K stem and to add a final touch of class and style the handlebar tape is embossed with the Lynskey name while the end plugs, too, are custom Lynskey editions.
The Lynskey name has long been synonymous with meticulously crafted, world-renowned titanium frames and components. They flat out know titanium. They know how it bends and stretches. They know how it reacts and performs. When it comes to bicycle design, Lynskey knows how to influence titanium better than anyone else in the world. The art of machining, cutting, welding, and polishing titanium demands a meticulous focus. And in an age when nearly every bicycle on the market is made in Asia, Lynskey continues to build their titanium masterworks by hand in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
- Double and triple butted 3/2.5 aerospace grade titanium tubeset is stiff, responsive, compliant, and disc brake-specific
- Includes #3 Lynskey Pro Carbon Disc Road Fork with matte satin clear coat finish
- Shimano Ultegra 6800 11-speed components are superb performers
- Avid BB7 mechanical disc brakes provide reliable, dependable all-weather stopping power
- Mavic Aksium wheels are solid, all-around, aluminum wheels built specifically for the demands of disc brakes
- FSA Gossamer handlebar and seatpost plus FSA SL-K stem are lightweight and durable
- Subtle seat stay integrated rack mounts provide added versatility
- Kenda Kwick Tendril 700x25c tires provide a blend of durability, efficiency, and control
- Tire clearance: 700x25c front/700x28c rear
This product was added to our catalog on February 18, 2019