Light, strong, and versatile, the Mavic Ksyrium Elite Disc rear wheel is the disc brake-specific version of the esteemed Ksyrium Elite road wheel. The Maxtal alloy rim is both light and strong plus is built with a wider, 17mm internal rim width to allow higher volume tires (up to 700x32mm in size) to enhance performance as well as comfort. More weight is saved thanks to machining between the spokes (Inter Spoke Milling) resulting in a lighter weight rim that's optimized for climbing, accelerating, and handling. Furthermore, Mavic's Fore rim technology leaves the upper rim bridge undrilled (which means no rim tape is necessary).
This rear wheel is built with 24 straight pull, bladed spokes featuring Mavic's Isopulse lacing pattern (radial drive side/2x non-drive side to maximize drive-side dish for better spoke tension balance). The aluminum hub is set up for a Center Lock disc rotor and rolls super-smooth on Mavic's renowned sealed cartridge bearings. Furthermore, the rear wheel is configured for a 12x142mm thru-axle.
In addition to a stellar wheel, you'll also receive a Mavic Yksion Pro Powerlink 700x25 tire to complete the overall WTS (Wheel Tire System) design. The tire is optimized for rolling efficiency, sports a puncture-resistant belt, and a super-supple 127 TPI casing.
- Maxtal alloy rim is stiff, lightweight, and responsive
- Inter Spoke Milling (ISM) technology reduces rim weight without compromising strength
- Fore technology leaves upper rim bridge un-drilled, with spoke nipples screwed directly into the lower bridge for 4 times the fatigue resistance and 20% more rigidity
- SUP rim technology means welded and milled joints for excellent strength and balance
- Straight pull, aero, steel spokes w/ aluminum nipples
- 24 spokes laced in Isopulse pattern (radial drive side/2x non-drive side to maximize drive-side dish for better spoke tension balance)
- Center Lock disc compatible
- 12x142mm thru-axle set-up
- Shimano/SRAM 11-speed compatible cassette body
- Sealed cartridge bearings for super-smooth rolling performance
- Recommended tire widths: 25mm - 32mm
- Includes Mavic Yksion Pro Powerlink tire - 700x25, Puncture-resistant belt, 127 TPI casing, 210g
This product was added to our catalog on February 18, 2019