The Maxxis Shorty is a versatile mid-spike tire designed for deep loam, loose powder, blown-out corners as well as a bit of mud. A high-volume casing makes the Shorty a more versatile option than a dedicated mud spike like the Wet Scream. Large, tall and slightly staggered side knobs penetrate loose soil to provide predictable, stable cornering at warp speeds.
The most important part of a tire is arguably the rubber compound used to within the tread and with Maxxis's 3C MaxxTerra you get an intermediate compound with great rolling and grip properties.
- Updated tread design digs deep to allow optimal cornering, braking, and acceleration
- "Double-wide” single center knob is now split into two knobs, and additional support was added to the cornering knobs
- Revised siping on the knobs offer better braking and cornering traction and raised ridges on the casing help shed sticky mud
- 3C: Tripple Compound with harder base-layer and two progressively softer top layers for optimal traction and durability
- TR: Tubeless Ready for increased traction and lower rolling resistance
- EXO: Extremely cut-resistant and abrasion resistant material layer added to sidewalls