As no-nonsense and built for speed as bikes come, the Mekk Pista T1 track bike is a superb means to enter the world of velodrome cycling. The Pista T1 features a triple butted 6061 aluminum frame that's supremely stiff and light -- everything you want for rocketing around a track. And no matter if you're racing alone against the clock or amidst a mass-start event, the carbon fork with aero fork blades has all your handling needs dialed in as you slice through the air.
The founders of Mekk have quite the track racing pedigree and as a result the Pista T1 sports true track racing geometry that demands to be pushed to the limit on the boards. The wheelset features 30mm deep aluminum rims while the fixed gear drivetrain comes equipped with a 48x15 gear with a track standard 1/8" chain set-up. True to its race-ready ethos, the Pista T1 also includes two extra chainrings - 49T and 50T - so you can dial in the perfect gear ratio depending on the demands of specific events and differing velodromes. There's also a no-nonsense aluminum cockpit plus a fine San Marco saddle to round out this exceptional build.
Mekk is the brainchild of Mark Edwards (ME) and Ken Knight (KK), a pair of Brits with extensive experience in high-performance cycling in both the racing and production realms. Their considerable experience with track racing is brought to life via the Pista T1.
- Triple-butted 6061 aluminum frame with contoured hydroformed tubing is light, stiff, and ready for the velodrome
- Carbon fork with tapered 1-1/8" to 1.5" steerer provides responsive handling
- True track racing geometry through and through
- Includes three chainrings - 48T/49T/50T - to fine tune gear ratios to various events and velodromes
- Saturae aluminum wheels feature aero 30mm rim profile and 14G spokes for strength
- 1/8" chain, chainrings, and 15T cog are optimized for track performance
- Continental Grand Sport Race tires (700x25, 180 TPI) roll super smooth
This product was added to our catalog on February 18, 2019