This is the Michelin Wild Rock'R2 27.5" Advanced Reinforced Tubless Tire. The Michelin Wild Rock'R2 was designed to provide an optimal compromise between fast rolling and exceptional braking performance. With moderately spaced, flat, ramped "tooth shaped" center lugs the Wild Rock'R2 pedals much faster than expected, but is far from a spinners tire. The Rock'R2 was developed to keep you in control when the trail gets rowdy. The huge shoulder lugs keep the Rock'R2 planted in off camber conditions and high speed turns, and is a great choice for Enduro/DH style riding when the trails are loose and rocky.
The Rock'R2 is available in either Gum-X or Magi-X compounds. Gum-X is a dual compound rubber with a harder 55A center tread and softer 53A shoulder knobs, and is recommended for rear tire applications. Magi-X compound is a soft, single compound tread that delivers grip at any lean angle and is ideally suited as a front tire. Combine this with Michelin's Reinforced casing with bead to bead protection, and you have an incredibly heavy duty tire that delivers effective performance and confidence in the worst conditions.
- MICHELIN MAN says: "For optimal performance, use the MAGI-X series tires on the front with GUM-X series on the rear."
- MAGI-X series: MICHELIN MAGI-X series was developed for Enduro use. This rubber compound offers very high efficiency with exceptional grip at angles; but also excellent braking in demanding conditions. MICHELIN MAGI-X series is mainly intended to be used on the front wheel.
- GUM-X Series: MICHELIN GUM-X Series was developed by MICHELIN for the Wild Advanced Mountain Bike tires. The different compounds allows riders to enjoy an excellent balance of grip, efficiency and wear. GUM-X Compounds use a harder 55A compound through the center tread for improved rolling and a softer 53A compound on the sides for grip.
- Advanced Technology: "Advanced Technology" tires benefit from superior performance thanks to the special nature of their tread patterns, rubber compounds and casing architecture (ex Reinforced Technology).
- Reinforced Technology: By using an additional protective ply running from one bead to the other this creates an even stronger casing. Reinforced Technology improves the casing's resistance to external attack on the sidewalls and reduces punctures due to impact or pinching. This technology is ideal for Enduro racing conditions.
- TS Bead: Designed to be flexible and light TS beads are made exclusively of aramide fabric, which is also to be found in bulletproof vests. This textile fabric has a very great resistance to extension whilst being very lightweight. These beads are very light and very strong, which reduces the overall weight by 40 to 70 grams per tire.
Compound: Gum-X 55A/53A or Magi-X
Tubeless Ready: Yes
Size: 27.5 x 2.35
Weight: 1050 (+/- 7%)
Inner Tube: B4
Pressure: 26 - 58 psi
This product was added to our catalog on April 25, 2018