Just in time for the 2017/2018 'cross season, the new Nashbar Alloy 105 Cyclocross Bike provides a rock solid means to enjoy getting muddy. And the beautiful think about a well-spec'd cyclocross bike is its versatility - not only can you light up your local 'cross scene, but the Nashbar Alloy 105 bike is perfect for adventures on and off the beaten path all year round. At the heart of this Nashbar 'cross bike is a stellar A6-SL aluminum frame that hits the trifecta of being lightweight, durable, as well as stiff. Up front is a FC770 carbon fiber fork that sports a tapered 1-1/8" - 1-1/2" alloy steerer that handles the rough stuff with aplomb.
Components-wise, the Nashbar Alloy 105 'cross bike sports everyone's favorite workhorse parts: Shimano 105. The shifter/brake levers, front derailleur, rear derailleur, and cassette all fly the 105 11-speed flag and if these parts were logo-free you'd be hard pressed to distinguish their performance from its much higher-priced Shimano siblings. The FSA Gossamer crankset sports 50/34T chainrings and when coupled with the 11-speed 11-32T cassette you've got the gear ratios to fly along flatter terrain as well as scale steep ascents with the near 1:1, 34x32 low gear option.
When it comes to mechanical disc brakes, the TRP Spyre-C-160 brakes, with their 2-piston construction, provide a superb means to control your speed in any and all conditions. Whether it's negotiating tight turns on a 'cross course or handling the demands of a forest service dirt road, you're well-equipped to stop in a moment's notice. Additionally, the Vuelta Zerolite Pro alloy wheels are superb all-around performers, as are the Kenda Small Block Eight 700x35 tires.
- A6-SL aluminum frame is stiff, light, and durable
- FC770 carbon fiber fork with tapered aluminum steerer delivers a smooth, responsive ride
- Shimano 105 11-speed shift/brake levers, derailleurs, and cassette ensure precision gear changes
- FSA Gossamer crankset with 50/34T chainrings combined with 11-32T 11-speed cassette provides a wide gear range to tackle challenging terrain
- TRP Spyre-C-160 mechanical disc brakes for superb all-weather stopping power
- Vuelta Zerolite Pro alloy wheels with Kenda Small Block Eight 700x35 tires
- Alloy stem, bars, and seatpost perform at a high level and help keep weight way down
This product was added to our catalog on February 18, 2019