Looking to enjoy some muddy goodness? The Nashbar Alloy Sora Cyclocross Bike provides a rock solid means to enter the fun and addictive world of cyclocross. And the beautiful think about a cyclocross bike is its versatility - not only can you light up your local 'cross scene, but the Nashbar Alloy Sora bike is perfect for adventures on and off the beaten path all year round. At the heart of this Nashbar 'cross bike is a stellar A6-SL aluminum frame that hits the trifecta of being lightweight, durable, as well as stiff. Up front is a FC770 carbon fiber fork that sports a tapered 1-1/8" - 1-1/2" alloy steerer that handles the rough stuff with aplomb.
Components-wise, the Nashbar Alloy Sora 'cross bike features the value-packed Shimano Sora line. The shifter/brake levers, front derailleur and rear derailleur are all Shimano Sora and this 2x9-speed drivetrain provides reliable, precision gear changes. The FSA Omega crankset sports 50/34T chainrings and when coupled with the 9-speed 11-32T cassette you've got the gear ratios to fly along flatter terrain as well as scale steep ascents with the near 1:1, 34x32 low gear option.
All-conditions stopping power is handled by the Tektro MDC-400 mechanical disc brakes with 160mm rotors front and rear. Additionally, the Weinmann Zac 19 alloy wheels with Formula hubs are solid all-around performers, as are the Kenda Small Block Eight 700x35 tires.
- A6-SL aluminum frame is stiff, light, and durable
- FC770 carbon fiber fork with tapered aluminum steerer delivers a smooth, responsive ride
- Shimano Sora 2x9-speed shift/brake levers and derailleurs ensure precision gear change
- FSA Omega crankset with 50/34T chainrings combined with 11-32T 9-speed cassette provides a wide gear range to tackle challenging terrain
- Tektro MDC-400 mechanical disc brakes for dependable, all-weather stopping power
- Weinmann Zac 19 alloy wheels with Kenda Small Block Eight 700x35 tires
- Externally routed cables makes for easy maintenance
This product was added to our catalog on February 18, 2019