Performance, value, reliability, and just plain ol' good times on a bike intersect to superb effect with the Nashbar Carbon Cyclocross Bike. The C10 ultra-high modulus carbon fiber frame plus full carbon monocoque fork are plenty light, plenty stiff, and built to withstand all the punishment you can dish out on the trails or dirt roads. The frame features a massive BB86 bottom bracket shell to enhance both stiffness and weight savings while more slender top tube and seat stays enhance the ride quality on rougher terrain. Additionally, the internal routing of the cables keeps the aesthetics as well as shifting/braking performance neat and tidy. The full carbon fiber fork, with a tapered 1-1/8" - 1-1/2" steerer tube, also contributes to weight savings plus also delivers a superb ride quality and inspires confidence no matter how challenging the terrain.
Shimano's exemplary 105 groupset is worthy of its accolades regarding value, craftsmanship, and performance as so much functionality, precision, and reliability has trickled down from big brothers Dura-Ace and Ultegra. The shifter/brake levers, front derailleur, rear derailleur, and cassette all fly the 105 11-speed flag and if these parts were logo-free you'd be hard pressed to distinguish their performance from its much higher-priced Shimano siblings. The crankset, too, flies the Shimano flag as the RS500 model sports stiff, aluminum construction and 46/36T chainrings that are a perfect complement to the 11-speed 11-32T cassette.
The Nashbar Carbon Cyclocross Bike sports Promax Render R mechanical disc brakes with 160mm rotors front and rear. The days of squeaky cantilever brakes with somewhat dubious stopping power in sloppy conditions are a thing of the past. Weather won't be an issue for reliable, consistent stopping power and even in dry, pristine conditions you can carry more speed into corners and scrub speed later than you ever could with cantilevers. The Alex aluminum wheels are the epitome of reliability and durability with 28 spokes front and rear with stout 14g stainless steel spokes. Vittoria's XG Pro 'cross tires, in a 700x33 size, are true all-arounders and are plush enough to soak up rugged terrain plus deliver ample grip and traction while braking or accelerating.
Last but not least, the Nashbar Carbon Cyclocross Bike sports a compelling stealth aesthetic with its matte black carbon frame and fork plus black components throughout. The dashes of silver in the chain, cassette, front derailleur, and brake rotors provide a nice pop of contrast to the otherwise stealth-mode styling everywhere else. There's a subtle, grey "Nashbar" logo on the front of the top tube that extends onto the side of the head tube as well as a small "Nashbar" logo on the inside of the non-drive chain stay as well as the back of the seat tube just so your friends can tell the source of this carbon fiber 'cross wonder.
- Carbon fiber frame is super-stiff, durable, and lightweight
- Full carbon fiber fork with 1-1/8" -- 1-1/2" tapered steerer optimized for handling and ride quality
- BB86 bottom bracket shell helps keep weight down and stiffness up
- 11-speed Shimano 105 shifters, derailleurs, and cassette are incredibly reliable and durable
- Shimano RS500 crankset with 46/36T chainrings combined with 11-32T cassette ensures proper gearing for 'cross, gravel, and adventure rides
- Promax Render R mechanical disc brakes deliver superb all-weather stopping power
- Alex aluminum wheels feature 28 14g spokes front/rear for strength and reliability
- Vittoria XG Pro 700x33 tires feature all-around tread pattern for optimal versatility
- Internal shift cable routing for clean lines and better performance in sloppy conditions
- Plenty of mud clearance
This product was added to our catalog on February 18, 2019