RACE INC. RA29-R RETRO 29" BMX BIKE Description:
No matter where you ride Race Inc.’s RA29-R this bike will turn heads. Don’t let its classic lines and high-zoot styling fool you, the RA29-R is engineered from the ground up to give you a punchy, fun ride.
Make no mistake, just because the 29-inch wheeled bike is big doesn’t mean it’s not fast and agile. Tight rear end geometry ensures you get that snap of acceleration we love, but the longer frontend provides stability at speed.
At the heart of the bike is a 6061 T-6 aluminum frame that features an iconic Race Inc. loop tail rear end and classic Race Inc. gussets combined with modern 20mm slotted dropouts. Each frame includes a set of proprietary 10mm axle adapters, which double as frame savers. The adapters allow you to fit just about any standard 10mm or 3/8” axle hubs. Add to that, a parts package that includes a Race Inc. chromoly fork made by Tange, Redline Flight cranks and Box Three brakes and lever, making the RA29-R the bike for anyone in the know.
- 1-1/8" Head Tube
- American Bottom Bracket Shell
- Classic Loop Tail Stays
- Classic Race Inc. Head Tube and Bottom Bracket Gussets
- Classic Wraparound Seat Stay Gusset
- Innovative Race Inc. 10mm to 20mm Compatible Dropouts
- Internal Brake Cable Routing
- Frame: Retro 29" Design, 6061 T6 Aluminum, One-Piece "Loop Tail" Rear Stays, Dropout Slotted 20mm Axle (10mm Reducer Washers Included)
- Fork: Race Inc. Design, 4130 Chromoly, Dropout Openings For 20mm Axle (10mm And 15mm Reducer Washers Included), Threadless 1-1/8" Steerer Tube, 28.6mm OD Blades
- Headset: Aluminum External Cups with Sealed Bearing (1-1/8")
- Stem: 6061 T6 Aluminum with CNC Finish Machining (55mm Reach)
- Bars: Race Inc. Retro Cruiser 4130 Chromoly Design. 7° Back Sweep, 2° Upsweep (6" Rise) (29" Wide)
- Grips: Diamond Pattern Surface, Dual-Density Material, End Plugs
- Cranks: Redline Flight, 4130 Tubular Chromoly, Double Pinch Bolt Clamping, 6-Spline Chromoly Spindle (175mm)
- Bottom Bracket: American, Redline Flight, Sealed Bearings, Aluminum Cups (19mm)
- Pedals: Round Bear Trap Style, Aluminum Cage and Body, Chromoly Axle
- Sprocket: Aluminum (38T) Chainring with 5-Arm Aluminum Spider
- Chain: Box-Two, Nickel Plated Finish, Chemically Treated Links, Hardened Solid Pins, with Snap-On Connector
- Front Hub: High Flange Design with Machined Cut-Outs, Sealed Bearings, Heat Treated 3/8" (10mm) Axle, Track Axle Nuts with Modular Washers
- Rear Hub: High Flange Design with Machined Cut-Outs, Sealed Bearings, Heat Treated 3/8" (10mm) Axle, Track Axle Nuts with Modular Washers
- Driver: 17T Freewheel, Chrome Plated with Common 4-Prong Tool Install / Removal Feature
- Front Rim: Double Wall Construction, 6061 T-6 Aluminum (36 H)
- Rear Rim: Double Wall Construction, 6061 T-6 Aluminum (36 H)
- Front Tire: IRC Intezzo, Dual Purpose Tread (29 x 2.0)
- Rear Tire: IRC Intezzo, Dual Purpose Tread (29 x 2.0)
- Seat: Vintage Regal Styling with Rivets in Cover, Hi-Density Padding
- Seat Post: Box Two 2014-T651 Aluminum Double Bolt Forged Head with CNC Turned Post
- Seat Clamp: 6061 Aluminum, Single Bolt
- Brake Lever: Box Three V-Point Lever, Long Reach with internal Clamp allowing Lever to Mount on Left or Right Side
- Brakes: Box Three V-Brake, Cold Forged 6061 T6 Aluminum, Dual Compound Brake Pads
- Gyro: -
- Gyro Tabs: -
- Brake Mounts: -
- Extras: -
- Color: Red/Blue
- Weight: -
- Toptube Length: 23.6"
- Chainstay Length: 18.3"
- Headtube Angle: 71°
- Seattube Angle: 70°
- Bottom Bracket Height: 12"
- Standover: 30.6"
- Sizing Guideline: -
Note: To ensure that every component on your bicycle is working properly, we recommend that all bikes be assembled by a qualified mechanic. Improper assembly of your bicycle may lead to premature wear or failure of individual components such as headsets, crank assembly and wheels. Failure to do so may void the manufacturer warranty.
This product was added to our catalog on June 29, 2022