The new Deore XT M8020 29er wheelset is Shimano's Trail version -- whose wider, 27.9mm rim width is optimized for strength, rigidity, and superb traction sought out by enduro/all trail riders in search of the ultimate in performance. Shimano has lightened up both the rims and the hubs when compared to the previous XT wheels while the rim's offset design ensures superb strength and reliability. Both front and rear hubs are set up for thru-axle systems and the 29" aluminum rims are UST-tubeless ready. Additionally, since the new Shimano 11-speed mountain cassettes don't require a new freehub standard, the rear hub is compatible with Shimano 8/9/10/11-speed drivetrains.
- 29" tubeless ready aluminum rims are 40g lighter than previous XT version
- Offset rim design ensures a more durable wheel via better spoke tension balance
- 27.9mm rim width is perfect for tire width range of 2.0-2.4"
- New XT hubs are lighter and feature improved seals
- 28 butted spokes front and rear with 2x lacing pattern
- CenterLock disc compatible
- 15mm thru-axle front hub
- 142x12mm thru-axle rear hub
This product was added to our catalog on March 6, 2017