The WTB Breakout TCS Tough/High Grip 27.5" mountain tire delivers big, all mountain fun. The Breakout's large and in charge casing rides far faster than its 27.5 x 2.5" girth suggests. It features fast-rolling belts of center tread paired with oversized side knob incisors for a harmonious pairing of speed and cornering. And with WTB's TCS Tough/High Grip technology on board, prepare to blaze through your favorite trails with speed and verve. Its TCS Tough designation means this edition of the Breakout sports a tubeless-compatible casing that utilizes two casing layers for superb toughness and reliability. The tire's Gravity DNA tread compound makes it a High Grip model. The tread compound consists of 60a durometer rubber beneath the tread for support and durability, while the exposed tread is a sticky 45a compound. This ensures increased traction throughout the entirety of the tire's contact patch, creating uncanny traction with tuned rebound characteristics designed to take harsh hits yet not fumble for footing.
- Intended usage: All mountain/Enduro
- Optimal conditions: Dry to wet/Hardpack to loam
- Knobby pattern provides plenty of straight-line speed and cornering bite
- TCS (Tubeless Compatible System) technology provides bead that's UST compliant and optimized for use with sealant
- Tough casing features two layers of casing for added protection
- Gravity DNA rubber compound for uncanny traction on the trails
This product was added to our catalog on May 26, 2014