Searching for the ultimate, do-it-all tire to satisfy your plus-size needs? Meet the WTB Ranger 26" TCS Light/High Grip mountain tire. The tire's tightly spaced center knobs set the pace while open outer lugs devour corners and shed muck with ease, making the Ranger ready for any challenge. Completing the package, multi-directional siping assures the Ranger hooks ups, whether tackling technical climbs or powering out of sloppy corners.
This 26+ version of the Ranger, with your choice of 2.8 or 3.0 widths, is for the daily driver in any trail rider's quiver. Similar to when WTB introduced the retrofit concept with 27.5+, the Ranger 26+ tire will fit into most current 27.5" trail bikes. Riders who live in areas with varied riding conditions and seasons will also have the advantage of switching between traditional and plus-size wheelsets whenever the weather warrants it.
Its TCS Light designation means this edition of the Ranger sports a supple, tubeless-compatible, gram-conscious casing designed to be compliant and conform to trail objects while still providing a happy balance of low rotational weight and rugged reliability. The tire's Gravity DNA tread compound makes it a High Grip model. The tread compound consists of 60a durometer rubber beneath the tread for support and durability, while the exposed tread is a sticky 45a compound. This ensures increased traction throughout the entirety of the tire's contact patch, creating uncanny traction with tuned rebound characteristics designed to take harsh hits yet not fumble for footing.
- Usage: Trail / All mountain / Bikepacking
- Optimal conditions: Dry to wet / Hardpack to loam
- Tread pattern ensures stability in loose or wet terrain plus exceptional cornering grip
- TCS (Tubeless Compatible System) technology provides bead that's UST compliant and optimized for use with sealant
- Light casing is supple, tubeless-compatible, plus ensures lower rotational weight
- Gravity DNA rubber compound for uncanny traction on the trails
- Sizes: 26 x 2.8" and 26 x 3.0"
This product was added to our catalog on February 18, 2019