If you want your 29er to fly along city streets then the WTB Slick Comp 29" tire is just the ticket for speed and durability. Perfect for year-round, all-weather riding on pavement, this tire features a smooth center tread optimized for low rolling resistance. And if you happen to be out in rainy weather there are deep sipes in the tread to enhance cornering grip and traction. The Slick Comp features a 60 durometer DNA tread compound for a lengthy lifespan while the durable casing is built to withstand the rigors or urban riding.
- Intended usage: Trekking/Comfort
- Optimal conditions: Dry to wet / Pavement
- Smooth center maximizes rolling efficiency
- Sipes in tread enhance cornering in wet conditions
- DNA rubber compound ensures traction and long tread life
- Durable casing provides abrasion resistance and reliability
- Wire bead
This product was added to our catalog on May 22, 2019
Wednesday, Jul 3 2019 (2 months ago)
WTB Slick Comp 29" City Tire (Black) (29X2.2)
I like these tires; they are fairly lightweight and nice and smooth and fat. However, they wear out quickly. I bike 5 miles a day and it seems like it was only a few months and the threads were starting to show on my rear tire. Also, I had one tire split along one of the divisions between raised tread when it was fairly new; although I may have contributed to the failure by running very low pressure and going up and down sloped curbs.